Mandatory documents required for US Visa
- Original passport with a six month validity beyond expected arrival date in USA.
- All old passports.
- One photograph per specification. Both digital and hard copy of the photograph are required.
- DS160 US Visa application confirmation page stamped at the Visa Application Center (VAC).
- Proof of fee payment, which is a valid receipt.
- Printout of US Interview appointment letter.
Supporting documents for US Visitor Visa (Tourist Visa)
The purpose of supporting documents is to verify –
- Criminal history, if any
- Financial affordability;
- Intent to return to home country.
Additional documents that support the above facilitate a successful visa interview. Various circumstances warrant different supporting documents.
Following is a list of suggested documents for a few circumstances. The suggested documents are not conclusive and only act as a guide.
Supporting documents for tourism, pleasure, and exploring United States
- Travel itinerary
- Proof of funds (bank statement, copy of passbook, any other proof of cash).
- Tax ID, PAN ID, copy of last year’s tax documents.
- Business card if you have one.
Supporting documents for visiting children, family, attending family event, etc.
- Letter of invitation from children or relatives.
- Proof of event, invitation card, brochure, etc.
Supporting documents for medical treatment
If the purpose of your trip is to seek medical treatment, please see separate list of required documents for US visitor visa for medical treatment.